Sunday 12 April 2015

Oat Milk Recipe

Hey guys, so if you follow me on Instagram (@jennoshealth) you would know that I've been trying out homemade nut milks. This quick recipe is for those who have nut allergies or are simply seeking a cheaper healthier milk alternative. 



Recipe

  • Soak 1 cup of oats in water for 2 hours or overnight. 
  • Place into blender and add 3 cups of water. Use either a vanilla bean, honey, maple syrup, stevia, dates to sweeten.
  • Blend for a minute then strain using a nut milk bag, muslin cloth or sieve.
  • Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate. It lasts about 4-5 days. 

Health Benefits of Oat Milk

  1. Oats are a complex carbohydrate so they provide a slow release of energy throughout the day keeping you fuller for longer. 
  2. They are extremely low in fat. One serving contains 2.5 grams of fat whereas cow's milk has 8 grams.
  3. 1 cup of oat milk is composed of 36% of our (R.D.A) Recommended Daily Allowance for calcium whereas cow's milk has 28%.
  4. Oat milk contains 10% of our R.D.A for vitamin A, twice as much as cow's milk. 
  5. For those suffering from anemia 1 serving of oat milk gives 10% of our R.D.A for iron.
Have you ever tried dairy free milk? Will you be trying out this simple recipe?


1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

    ReplyDelete