Saturday 7 June 2014

Feel Good Friday!

So, we have all heard the famous quote "Health is your greatest wealth!" It makes sense I mean if you are extremely rich it doesn't do much good if you can't enjoy the money. With all the sicknesses in our day and age, I don't want to end up in the hospital. I don't think anyone does. 



My sudden interest in health and well-being stemmed from being exposed to hospital life. In Transition Year I did a Work Experience course titled "Introduction to Hospital Life" There I saw hundreds of patients of all ages looking for ways to make themselves better. That's when I realised that I didn't want have to be in their position, I didn't want to wait until my sickness came. I wanted to take as many preventative measures to ensure I'd be healthy and happy for the rest of my life. I come across so many negative and miserable people in my life and I don't want to live that way. We weren't created to just merely survive, but to thrive. 

So, where to start? Here are my top 5 tips to help you feel happier and healthier. I can do a follow-up post on each technique if your interested? 


  1. Your mindset. You need to say "I am going to live a happy, healthy positive life" as cheesy as it may sound positive declarations do work! Don't forget to constantly remind yourself of this affirmation. 
  2. Your environment. The people you surround yourself with are incredibly important when it comes to living a HHPL (Happy, healthy, positive life!) They have such a big influence on our thoughts and actions. 
  3. Be grateful. I found out the secret to happiness, appreciation for what you have, whether it's a little or a lot. I have a gratitude journal and I have never felt more at peace.
  4. Exercise and meditation. When we do exercise it releases endorphin's, the happy hormone! Meditation is great for calming the mind and muscles also!
  5. You are what you eat! Try to eat everything in moderation, a balanced diet is key! Don't forget about drinking a ton of water. 
Guys, I have been incorporating these tips into my lifestyle the past few years and I can honestly say I feel much better about myself and much more confident. I do have bad days, but not as much as I use to! 


So, is health really your greatest wealth? 
                                                                              -Jen'shealth 

No comments:

Post a Comment