"Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise".
True! With weight loss I learned it's eating more of the right food and less of the bad. You don't need to cut out any food group, I didn't.
|Breakfast: Chocolate & orange oat pancakes|
|Dinner: Fresh mackerel salad with greek yogurt as dressing|
- Complex Carbohydrates (Carbs in wholegrain form, they take longer to be broken down resulting in more energy) Eg. brown rice, pasta, bread, sweet potatoes and beans.)
- Lean Protein, chicken, fish, egg, greek yogurt. These worked so well with exercise because they helped my muscles to grow and repair!
- Vegetables, I ate kale, spinach, carrots, beetroot, lettuce, asparagus etc. They're high in protein and fibre which will help a lot when working out. The darker the vegetable the better! I ate steamed or boiled veg.
- Fresh/frozen fruits, they made the perfect snack. Dried fruits don't have as much nutrition though. I ate oranges, apples, berries, bananas, grapes, pineapples, mangoes etc. Fruits have low energy-dense levels meaning high nutritional value with low calories!
- I drank a lot of water & green tea. I haven't had a fizzy drink since March.
What to eat less of?
- White carbs/ processed carbs, they strip away beneficial fibre.
- Crisps, chocolate, cakes, sweets and fried foods they have little/no nutritional value.
- Packaged foods eg ready meals. They have a lot of unnecessary additives and preservatives that probably do more harm than good.
"What we eat in private we wear in public"
- Jen's health