Sunday 20 July 2014

Why you aren't seeing the results



So you want to lose weight huh? So do a lot of people. They listen to what people tell them and do it but see no results. I was one of those people. I got fed up with the same number on the scale and decided to do my own research and not listening to the ridiculous advice I was given.


To lose 22 pounds in 3 months here is what I didn't do. 
  1. Just eat something because it was labelled healthy or nutritious. Any company can just slap on a buzz word to make their product more appealing. Call me crazy but I read the ingredients and if I didn't know what the ingredient was I sometimes didn't eat it because I didn't know what the heck it would do for my body. Makes sense though?                                            
  2. Eat  little throughout the day. It's like not watering a plant and expecting it to grow. The key to weight loss is a fast metabolism meaning eating clean more often to keep the ball rollin'.
  3. Strictly do cardio. Yes it worked, I burned calories during, but I didn't after. I found out that High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) burns more calories in a less amount of time also lifting weights continues to burn calories after working out, sweet right?
  4. Eat a low carb diet. If you want to lose weight you should eat complex carbs (brown pasta,rice, sweet potatoes) as well as work out. You need energy for a good workout so tell me why you should eat little/no carbs?! 
  5. Eat a little junk nearly everyday. This is debatable. For me I learned the hard way that it was the little things like having this chocolate bar or the bag of chips or that slice of pizza that would be a setback for eating healthier. I do eat junk, but I plan the days I want to, that way I know it won't be a setback and I won't feel guilty about it because I worked for it.
  6. Think drinks that we consume don't matter. Our bodies don't recognise drinking calories as nutrients so they don't make us full. You're better off to eat your calories than drink them! You'll feel more satisfied. I did.      
                            
Majority of the things I talked about are food related. That goes to show the importance of diet in weight-loss. You may not want to take my advice but I have found with my weight loss it is the little things that make a big difference! I know I'm cringing as I type this but it's the truth, otherwise I wouldn't be making this post! 

"One definition of insanity is: Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result."
                                                                                -Jen'shealth

No comments:

Post a Comment