Thursday 13 November 2014

Run in the Dark

On the 12th of November me along with 7,100+ Dublin folks ran either a 5k or 10k run for Mark PollockUnbroken by blindness at 22, he competed in ultra endurance races across deserts, mountains, and the polar ice caps including an epic 2 month expedition race to the South Pole. He won silver and bronze rowing in the Commonwealth Games. In July 2010 the challenge chose Mark. A tragic fall left him paralysed. Now Mark is living his own lessons, a pioneer exploring the frontiers of spinal cord injury recovery. 

I did the 5k!

Last year he spoke at my school and was incredibly inspiring. I participated in the run last year and decided to do it again. I ran with my school over 400+ students and teachers. The best part about the Run in the Dark is the atmosphere. People from all different ages and abilities taking part in the same event. The run takes place in a lot of cities eg. Austin, San Diego, London, Paris, Los Angeles, Kong, Capetown, Dubai etc. Click here for Mark's appreciation. 

I strongly urge you to participate in any race near you. Doing independent exercise is quite hard to stay motivated but when you participate in events like this, you feel like you can conquer the world! The goody bag was great at the end too. I'm definitely looking into the Darkness into Light and The Colour Run

Mark also has a film called "Unbreakable". 


Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try againFail again. Fail better. -Samuel Beckett



No comments:

Post a Comment