Lunch is that time where I load up on all of the good carbs to keep me going for the rest of the day. It makes sense to more carbohydrates earlier on in the day rather than at dinner time right?
Recipe #1 Courgette/Zucchini Pizza boats
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 5, get 1 washed courgette split in half, cut the ends off & scoop out a bit of the centre.
- Toppings: 1/4 cup of tomato puree,
- Small handful of cooked chopped turkey
- Chopped green beans
- 1/4 of a sliced red bell pepper
- 3 chopped cherry tomatoes
- Small handful of chopped feta
- Light grated cheese.
- Spread on the puree, use the toppings and pinch of salt & pepper, don't forget the mixed herbs
- Place in oven for about 15-20 mins & TA DAH!
This recipe was inspired by Nichola. She's a UK Dietitian who offers amazing health & fitness advice on Youtube and her website.
Recipe #2 Scrambled Stuffed Sweet Potatoe
- Boil a washed sweet potato for 15 minutes on gas mark 5 (quickens the oven time)
- Place in oven on gas mark 5 for a further 15-20 mins.
|Don't forget to flip half way!|
|2 eggs, washed handful of kale, small handful of purple diced onions, clove of garlic, 4 chopped cherry tomatoes|
|Fry onions & garlic, followed by egg then SCRAMBLE for 5-6 mins (Gas mark 4)|
- When sweet potatoe is soft on the inside, cut open with knife.
- Place scrambled eggs in the centre and add chopped cherry tomatoes.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin B6 which helps reduce the chemical homosysteine in our bodies. It has been linked with diseases ie. heart attacks. They are also a great source of magnesium which is the anti-stress and relaxation mineral.
"Man does not live by bread alone" -Moses