Hey everyone! Apologies for not posting as often. I've been a bit more preoccupied with school and everything taking a toll on my life. Honestly speaking though I wasn't motivated to blog at all. I felt like fewer people were reading my posts. Anyway I took a break and I'm here with a post on my top 5 ways to stay healthy body, soul and mind. This is to celebrate Michelle Obama's 5th year anniversary of her "Let's move campaign". Use the hastag #GimmeFive to share your favourite ways to stay healthy.
- Meditate whether it's reading my Bible or journaling my thoughts. I feel like an aura of peace and joy just entering into my heart and feeding my soul mentally. No matter how many times you workout or eat clean if your mind isn't in the right place then that may hinder every aspect of your life negatively.
- Positive people The people you spend most of your time with is crucial regarding your wellbeing. A quote that I love is "Some people are like clouds when they disappear it's a brighter day". Be friends with people you want to be more like. My parents say "Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are". You really do become the person you associate yourself with.
- Eating whole, natural foods I love experimenting with vegan meals although I'm a carnivore I don't eat pork. Eating plant based foods make me feel more energetic and content. If you want to feel alive why eat dead things? Follow me on Instagram to see my daily meals @jennoshealth.
- Intense workout sessions I secretly love the feeling of D.O.M.S "Delayed Onset of Muscle Sorness" It gives me a feeling of accomplishment that no material thing can satisfy. I love pushing myself to my limits if that involves doing pushups in a pool of my sweat then so be it.
- Having a passion I find it so important to be passionate about something in life no matter how minor it may seem to you. That is what springs me up out of bed each morning. It gives my life purpose and meaning. It reassures me that I'm contributing to society by sharing my passion. "Don't ask what the world needs, ask what makes you come alive and do it because what the world needs are people who have come alive"
#GimmeFive things you do to stay healthy?